Monday, January 24, 2011

Modcloth Fraud???

I discovered this yesterday, while I was looking for new dresses at Modcloth. I love this store and their dresses and have ordered from them before. Yes, I am sad their stuff is a bit overpriced, but usually I think it's worth it because the items they get seem to be unique. But then I noticed this dress...
 Very cute dress. I love the details and the top part folded over. Then I looked at it again. I own this dress. It's been in my closet since the beginning of December, when I went shopping in Chicago. I got it on a clearance rack at A'Gaci [I believe that's how it's spelled]. I paid maybe 10 bucks for it. The only difference is that mine is a dark green color but I'm shocked because in every other way the dresses are exactly the same. This store's prices are amazing. No dresses are 50 bucks, and this dress is on Modcloth.

 It's not the best picture of the front of the dress but I made it big so you can see it. The top is folded down and the bottom detail is the same. Even the material, besides being a different color, appears to be the same type. I'm so sad. Modcloth clearly somehow got ahold of this dress and it is not unique and they marked the price way up. Not so sure if I'll feel right ordering from them again :/

8 comments:

  1. Hmmmm...this will make me think two times before ordering again from Modcloth.I love their style so much but i must admit, they are quite pricey...
    Anyway, it's a bit dissapointing to find out they are doing such things...

    ♥ kisses ♥

    http://thrilloftheheel.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I was very disappointed and confused. But I know I won't be able to resist if I find an awesome dress! But I won't order as much from them. :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow it looks the exact same!!!! i love modcloth dresses although i have never ordered from them (the shipping prices plus that of the dress stop me every time) that is so disappointing that they are doing something like this!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah I know :/ it is a bummer, but the dresses once you get them, you see they aren't worth as much money as they sell for. They are thin and not the greatest construction. But I love their designs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is disappointing. Actually the same thing happened to me. I was looking at modcloth and spotted a dress I had in my closet for months. This dress is adorable on you though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no! What dress was that? Well it's good to hear I'm not the only one, but sad to hear because that means they have done this with more than one dress :/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fortunately the shipping to Europe is too expensive and of course the customs, oh my... So I only ordered from them once and never again anyway. But I thought their range is a selection of unique pieces too. I mean we all know their prices are ridiculously high but it really is disappointing that you found the dress somewhere else for 10 bucks.
    Shame on Modcloth :-/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, the dress's sooo pretty!! LOVE it!!:D

    Stop by some time:D

    Kisses

    ReplyDelete